Celebrate Freedom Blog Hop
Sometimes we take our freedom for granted and we should remember that we should not. And also, we should thank our service men and women all over the world for the sacrifices they make for the freedoms we so enjoy. I know I complain a lot about issues going on with our government and etc but if it was not for the men and women who serve in ALL branches of our military to protect and ensure that we enjoy the freedoms we do have, we could end up living a country that does not enjoy those freedoms. So thank you to all the service men and women (and to my son who is serving in the U.S. Army and has been to Iraq twice) for all you do for us.
So to commemorate the Fourth of July a group of us crafters got together to show off our Red, White and Blue colors. I have created a card and a scrapbook layout for this Hop and without further ado, I would like to display them for you.
The heart was cut out of the center of the base and than the Stars and Stripes glued to a heart to represent our flag and country. I cut the heart with stars and stripes with my Silhouette Cameo along with the heart background. The sentiment “Proud to Be” was print and cut and placed on a shadowed background and added foam tape to give it some dimension. Added red gems to the card front … a simple, basic card that will be donated to Operation Write Home to send to the deployed service men/women.
Using the same theme as the card, I created a scrap page layout. While on vacation I purchased the paper punch by Martha Stewart and created this doiley and placed the Stars and Stripes Heart in the center. This, in turn, was placed on a red mat and I create small banners at the bottom of the mat. Placed red polka dot buttons spaced in between the banners. I print and cut the sentiment “Proud to Be”, after offsetting the font to create a background. Cut out a small mat for a photo with two buttons attached to the one corner.
Here is the line up for the blog hop:
1. Lisa Pontious ~ http://honeybearzdesigns2011.blogspot.com/
2. Ashley – http://thebloghopprincess.blogspot.com
3. Sandy- http://scrapbookblessings.blogspot.com
4. Pam – http://lovebugcreations3.blogspot.com/
6. Melisa ~ http://melisascraftycreations.blogspot.com/
7. Lucy ~ http://love2createitall.com
8. Angela – http://angelascraftyspot.blogspot.com
9. Kathy – http://kathyand3kids.blogpot.com
10. Tabetha – http://tabethascreations.blogspot.com/
11. Sarah – www.sarahbiswabic.blogspot.com
12. Lori – http://scrappinmystressaway.blogspot.com/
13. Carolyn – http://grandmacarol46580.blogspot.com/ Here
Join us in the blog hop to see all the Red, White and Blue creations. Thank you for stopping by, and hugs to all xxxx.